Bad Folder

jennydog 11:42 01 Feb 2006

I have a few problems - one of which iI can't get rid of - a folder that I can't open, I can't move it, I can't delete it, I can't use it's properties. I have tried safe mode to get rid,it's still there. Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance.

rawprawn 11:47 01 Feb 2006
  jennydog 02:16 02 Feb 2006

Sorry rawprawn - still no luck, I should have said the folder is in the
"my computer"desktop icon, also I am Windows98

rawprawn 08:25 02 Feb 2006

What is it called, or is it just a folder icon, I'm sorry I don't know much about Windows 98

jennydog 11:42 02 Feb 2006

Hi again --I hope you can help, My home pc started playing up going slow,freezing,etc. I tried to run scandisk it will only do 1-2% - after 10 attempts it says I have a program running in the background that is stopping scandisk. I have lost the clouds background on my desktop.I can’t find task manager. After a lot of trouble I purchased Noadware - no joy, I downloaded the free AVG it picked up and jailed Trojan horse downloader.generic.buj. Still not able to scan. I tried spybot, LOTS of major geek, they can't run - missing pdh.dll file. I ran PC MightyMax that found 323 problems on the registry path, 4 on the startup, 108 on the shell link shortcut, 4 on the missing INI file reference, it's a wonder the computer turns on!
I have found a folder in "My Computer" it has no name, it won't open, be sent, be shortcut, it won't delete or show properties. I have windows98 - I hope this helps you to help me.

rawprawn 11:59 02 Feb 2006

click here Take the Scan my computer option, if it doesn't cure it at least we will know of any malware. Post back after the scan.

rawprawn 12:18 02 Feb 2006

click here Try running scandisc in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review

How to draw a mandala

iPhone X review

Les meilleures enceintes Bluetooth à moins de 150 euros