Bad Folder

jennydog 11:42 01 Feb 2006

I have a few problems - one of which iI can't get rid of - a folder that I can't open, I can't move it, I can't delete it, I can't use it's properties. I have tried safe mode to get rid,it's still there. Can anyone help?
Thank you in advance.

rawprawn 11:47 01 Feb 2006
  jennydog 02:16 02 Feb 2006

Sorry rawprawn - still no luck, I should have said the folder is in the
"my computer"desktop icon, also I am Windows98

rawprawn 08:25 02 Feb 2006

What is it called, or is it just a folder icon, I'm sorry I don't know much about Windows 98

jennydog 11:42 02 Feb 2006

Hi again --I hope you can help, My home pc started playing up going slow,freezing,etc. I tried to run scandisk it will only do 1-2% - after 10 attempts it says I have a program running in the background that is stopping scandisk. I have lost the clouds background on my desktop.I can’t find task manager. After a lot of trouble I purchased Noadware - no joy, I downloaded the free AVG it picked up and jailed Trojan horse downloader.generic.buj. Still not able to scan. I tried spybot, LOTS of major geek, they can't run - missing pdh.dll file. I ran PC MightyMax that found 323 problems on the registry path, 4 on the startup, 108 on the shell link shortcut, 4 on the missing INI file reference, it's a wonder the computer turns on!
I have found a folder in "My Computer" it has no name, it won't open, be sent, be shortcut, it won't delete or show properties. I have windows98 - I hope this helps you to help me.

rawprawn 11:59 02 Feb 2006

click here Take the Scan my computer option, if it doesn't cure it at least we will know of any malware. Post back after the scan.

rawprawn 12:18 02 Feb 2006

click here Try running scandisc in safe mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?