Bad CD/DVD Drive

flycatcher1 19:03 03 Dec 2007

I can copy photos or music on CDs and DVDs and I can run both on my computer but I cannot copy any Documents.
If I attempt to copy I get the message "D:\ is not accessible. Incorrect Function."

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

exodus 19:58 03 Dec 2007

Hi, which operating system are you using?

Just to clarify, do you get the error when attempting to copy items from disc or whilst attempting to burn to disc?

If burning, am I correct in assuming the CD/DVD drive is writable?

It may help if you briefly outline the procedure and software you are using.

exo

HCOOH 20:33 03 Dec 2007

If you are using the in house XP burning function is "enable CD recording" box ticked. I do not think this will work with DVD's ever, you will need a third party software for this.

flycatcher1 20:50 03 Dec 2007

Thanks for the responses.
I am using XP and Nero 5.5
The problem occurs when trying to burn Document info to a CD or DVD. The drive is writable.
Music and photos burn correctly on both.
I have tried the XP burning function but the "enable CD recording" box is not visible.
Another forum suggested that there is an "Enable" box in the Windows Media Player Burn button but - no sign.
Due to an unrelated problem I am having XP re-installed so I wanted to back up my docs. I have managed to do so on two usb pendrives but a DVD/CD would be more practical.

exodus 21:41 03 Dec 2007

Hi, if the 'Enable CD recording' is blank/not visible, then XP is not recognising your drive correctly. This may relate as to why you can't burn documents but I would have thought it affected all burning data.

Check through this guide for burning problems.
click here

exo

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?