backup vista

murphyman 20:58 27 May 2009

hi everyone, i hope you can help me,i run vista home premieum
intel core 2 duo cpu
2.80Ghz
4gb ram
32 bit o.s
my problem is, i have acronis true image home 2009 installed,and when i went to clone my system to an external hard drive (usb
i got this error from acronis.
failed to create the scheduled task,
error #1722-"the rpc server is unavailable (oxffo"

can anyone throw some ligfht on why this is happening, i would greatly appreciate any help given.

The Kestrel 22:55 27 May 2009

Try the Acronis forum click here

murphyman 13:14 28 May 2009

thank you The Kestrel, i just dumped acronis, it does not work with vista, once again thank you

rawprawn 14:02 28 May 2009

"i just dumped acronis, it does not work with vista,"

That is a sweeping statement which is not valid, It works for me and many others no problem.

keef66 15:09 28 May 2009

we just bought a new vista laptop and I installed an older version of Acronis TI without a problem and used it to copy all our docs and settings from a backup of the old desktop pc. Once I have loaded everything else we need I will do a full backup of the laptop onto the external usb HDD.

Seems to work for me.

The Kestrel 15:13 28 May 2009

murphyman The whole point of my link was for you to use the Acronis forum to try and solve your problem. There are a lot of very experienced Acronis users who contribute to that forum and may be able to help you solve your problem.

murphyman 10:53 29 May 2009

thank you all for your response, your right rawprawn,it was a sweeping statement, it was made out of frustration, no doubt it works for some people but not for me.i found a copy of macrium reflect, and it backed up my system, and restored it without a problem so once again all is well. again thank you all for your responce.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?