Backup software

Aquarrian 13:45 12 Oct 2006

For years I have used Powerquest's Drive Image. It was no longer available when Norton took over Powerquest. Can anybody recommend an equivalent? Ghost as had some bad reviews and I was looking at Acronis True Image, but what how good is the Acronis product?

sean-278262 13:51 12 Oct 2006

Acronis is rated as one of the best. Depending on your needs however have you considered free alternatives? Syncback for instance.

click here

Miros 13:54 12 Oct 2006

Take a look at this thread and the free version of Paragon,

click here

johndrew 13:58 12 Oct 2006

I use True Image 9.0 and have found it very good with excellent online support from Acronis. I did have some problems with TI 8 which Acronis Support helped with most efficiently and effectively.

You can try TI click here before you buy if it make things easier. I did look a several whilst making my mind up, a search of this forum will provide quite a bit of information/advice/opinion.

stylehurst 14:05 12 Oct 2006

I can also recommend Acronis true image, it is far superior to Norton ghost.

wotbus@ 14:12 12 Oct 2006

This version 4.0 came free on the cover disc of October's cough cough Pro ;-)
Seems to do all it should.

wotbus@ 14:12 12 Oct 2006

click here
Sorry, omitted this bit...

Belatucadrus 14:20 12 Oct 2006

click here Winbackup

click here Lexun backup solution.

SURVEY 14:20 12 Oct 2006

I have been using Norton Ghost 9.0 for some time now and have found it to be easy to operate and appears to be reliable when I have checked to ensure files are accurately recorded for recovery purposes.

seventiesdolly 14:33 12 Oct 2006

I have just discovered Acronis V9, after reinstalling on a new hard drive, and not wishing to go through total installaltion again. I bought it on ebay for a tenner and I now have a complete image backed up of my entire system should anything unthinkable happen. I've found it to be really user friendly :-)

Miros 16:02 12 Oct 2006

This is for free version of Paragon.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone