Backup Desktop

hawthorn59 04:54 23 Sep 2010

Hi

Anyone know the shortcut for backing up everything on the desktop? ie a copy of every programme and icon on the desktop which I can save to memory stick?

thanks

h

MAT ALAN 08:02 23 Sep 2010

Not sure there is one..

click here

the link might help...

cocteau48 08:18 23 Sep 2010

Not a shortcut but this may do what you wish:click here

Steve 1812 09:25 23 Sep 2010

What operating system are you using?

Steve 1812 09:34 23 Sep 2010

Windows backup/NTBackup will let you backup to a memory stick/external hdd, there are lots of other programs such as Novastor Backup; or Second Backup Free Edition 9.8.15 (see download.com; or Paragon Backup, to name but a few. Most will let you backup down to individual files. But, remember not everything on the desktop is in your profile, some icons belong to the All User Group which is stored seperately.

hawthorn59 12:23 23 Sep 2010

WINDOWS 7.

Reason Im asking is I saw my nephew do it on his laptop once. It was just a matter of pressing a few buttons! No other software used. Created a folder called "old desktop" and saved everything to it!

I dont see him too often but must make a point of asking him!

h

Steve 1812 09:19 25 Sep 2010

Select Backup from the Programs/Maintenance folder.

Click on Set Backup

Select the location. -> Next

Select "Let Me Choose" - Next

At the What do you want to back up. Open "C:" and navigate down to Users, open "yourname" and select Desktop, also do same for "Public".

If you only want the Desktop setting selected unselect everything else i.e. Libaries and System Image, and press Next.

Confirm your selections and set your schedule.

The click on save settings and run backup.

Your backup will now run for the first time and then continue to run according to your schedule.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?