Backup

Terry Brown 20:08 30 Mar 2007

I want to make a backup of my entire hard drives,including windows and registry.
I seem to remember a program that backed your hard drive and created a boot floppy,the floppy booted the system and you fed the Cd's or DVD's in as required.
Can anyone remember what the program was called and if it is still available.

The system's I want it for are a WINME system and a WIN XPPro (NTFS).

Thanks for looking.
Terry

Colditz 20:29 30 Mar 2007

I use to use drive image but now use acronis true image.

click here

Colditz 20:31 30 Mar 2007

i mean here
click here

Enoch 20:58 30 Mar 2007

I use Norton Ghost and Acronis True Image, alternately weekly. I have found that the "Free" ones are very chancy. I am a backup freak since, many years ago I had a major loss and swore never again. It took monthhs to recover to were I was. The CD with either act as a "Boot Disc" and remember floppy's are on the OUT

Technotiger 21:12 30 Mar 2007

Hi, Acronis True Image here too - I use Version 10. Best to backup to an external hard-drive. On running the backup you are advised to make a Recovery CD (unless you have Acronis on CD already - cos this also acts as a Recovery cd to start the Recover Process).

Technotiger 21:14 30 Mar 2007

PS - Acronis backs up absolutely everything on your hard-drive, even all your personal settings, just Everything. No PC owner should be without it!

Terry Brown 20:42 31 Mar 2007

Thanks for the advice, I note that Acronis is only for one machine, as I have two machines (XPPro (mine)& WinMe (Wife),would I have to buy 2 copies ?.

Technotiger 20:57 31 Mar 2007

I would contact Acronis on-line, and ask about a possible reduction for a second licence.

JohnM. 17:28 01 Apr 2007

I also sweated for weeks after a major crash.
Spend £70 to £80 on a Maxtor One Touch free standing hard drive - just plug in and in 30 minutes your whole hard drive is copied.

Maxtor Basics Personal Storage 3200 320GB

JohnM.

zarobian 17:40 01 Apr 2007

I use Acronis 10. Simple and easy to use.
I have USB Caddy for backups and I also create backups on DVDRW weekly.

Terry Brown 20:37 01 Apr 2007

Thankyou all for your advice.
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?