Backup

Sparkly 14:48 06 Dec 2006

Hi can somebody advise on making a backup of files as to which system files to copy i.e the regisrty. I backup and store my music word doc's and any other important stuff to an external H/D. I have a copy of Retrospect Express 7.5 that was a settlement from Western Digital for all users of there drives (US court case)i want to back up the system but the backup is running into gigs so i would like to just backup the most important files should anything nasty ever occur. Any help would be appreciated.
XP Home SP2 Teac 80gig H/d
Maxtor 80gig Ex H/D
Western Digigital 160gig Ex H/D
All with plenty of room.

Technotiger 14:54 06 Dec 2006

Hi, the best way is to do a total backup of your complete system/programs/settings etc. This is easily achieved by using something like Acronis True Image and backing up to an external hard-drive. It is also quite quick.

rawprawn 15:07 06 Dec 2006

click here as Technotiger says is an excellent program, just choose to back up C: to your external HD and that will cover everything

Sparkly 15:42 06 Dec 2006

Thanks Technotiger and rawprawn i do have Acronis 7 but i installed the retospect thinking it was the better of the two, U turn coming up.
Thanks guys.

Technotiger 15:44 06 Dec 2006

Our pleasure .... Cheers

Technotiger 15:46 06 Dec 2006

Me again, did you know that if you update from Acronis 7 to Acronis 10 you may get a 40% discount on Acronis 10.

Sparkly 15:56 06 Dec 2006

Thanks Technotiger allways liked that word discount got a nice ring to it.

Technotiger 16:03 06 Dec 2006

Yeah - nice one.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires