backtrack/linux users

coubury 23:46 11 Feb 2008

I have a three usb modem for my internet on my xp o/s

now i have backtrack on another partition

i came across this site explaining how to get it too work on SUSE 10.00

HUAWEI E220 is supported natively by Linux, over usbserial.ko (usbserial-generic) interface. Linux kernel versions prior to 2.6.20 have some problems with it, as the SCSI CDROM fakevolume with drivers for Microsoft systems gets automounted by usbstorage.ko module, preventing serial device /dev/ttyUSB0 from working properly. Go ahead and try out my workaround-kit!

Latest version 0x0008 works fine with SUSE 10.1, openSUSE 10.2, Fedora Core 5, Ubuntu 6.06, 6.10, 7.04, Mandriva Free2007Spring, and many many more! Why don't you check your system?

In SUSE 10.0 you need to import udev files from SUSE 10.1. They can be downloaded from here:

wont let me add links as i don't have enough posts so i just added the above to provide a little more info.

will this work with backtrack?

it says to

$ tar xjvf huawei.tar.bz2
$ cd huawei
$ su
# make info

now if this works would i need to change the cd part as i have the drivers loaded onto a usb stick!

also in backtrack my wireless network card isnt showing up so i got the drivers and put them onto my usb stick but im having trouble trying to install them im a total Linux newbie lol

any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?