Backing Tracks

Sparkly 15:23 16 Jun 2008

Afternoon all could anyone suggest some good software to take out vocals and be left with a backing track to sing along to i.e karaoke,its for an older freind who does karaoke and is trying to put together a CD of tracks for a reunion he is haveing in August. He is trying to get together tracks of Matt Munro Bing Crosby and the like also musicals like "High Society" i think the way he was talking he is prepared to payout for some good/exellant software that can be used on his PC. Many thanks for any replys will X back later.

brundle 15:27 16 Jun 2008

Free wav editor, `vocal remove` feature, if the built-in one's not all that there's bound to be a VST plugin available.
click here

Sparkly 15:57 16 Jun 2008

Thanks brundle i will pass this on so he can check it out.

eedcam 18:55 16 Jun 2008

This can be very difficult to achieve with varying degrees of successs even with expensive editors like Adobe Audition.The track needs to be stereo and the vocals dead central. before he spends any money try the freebies .Problem is you may find some tracks are ok when stripped others not so good. For a karaoke you might get away with it. If you like I'll send you a before/ after clip of what can be achieved

Sparkly 19:15 16 Jun 2008

Hi eedcam thanks that would be most helpful,from what i understand the reunion is a get together of old army pals that used to sing/entertain the troops when they were in Korea and eventually they all went seperate directions but have kept in touch so hence the old music that he wants to turn into karaoke tracks for a good old knees up by the sounds of it,"Some like it hot" springs to mind............

Sparkly 09:07 17 Jun 2008

eedcam thankyou for your help and assistance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?