backing up pc using acronis ti 11

gibfish26 19:30 13 Jul 2008

hi,
thanks to help from forum members i've just installed external hard drive,formated and ready to go,i want to back-up my complete system.do i need to do a virus and spyware scan,also defrag before creating back-up,do i also need to create a back-up disc,nice and simple please i am new to all this,i have acronis ti 11 disc.thanks.

gibfish26

Technotiger 19:41 13 Jul 2008

Hi, If you have the original Acronis disc you will not need to make a Rescue disc, the Acronis disc is a Rescue disc. I would do a virus scan, defrag and anything else you think necessary before making your full backup, you will then have a good clean point to come back to if ever necessary.

Technotiger 19:47 13 Jul 2008

Having made your first full back-up (just follow the Acronis on-screen prompts), you should then make a Schedule for regular Differential backups.

gibfish26 16:59 14 Jul 2008

hi technotiger.
thanks for your response,yes i have the original acronis disc just purchased from amazon.may i trouble you for a bit more info,to do a back-up of my pc do i just put the acronis disc into my CD drive and then follow on screen instructions,i want to back up to external HDD.thanks.

gibfish26.

iscanut 17:11 14 Jul 2008

You will need to install the program from the CD first. Then run it and you will get a screen showing various options.The one you want will be Backup/Restore. Click on that and follow prompts. Don't forget to verify your backup as well. You will find this latter option by clicking on "Operations" then " Validate Backup Archive". Come back to us if more help required.

gibfish26 17:44 14 Jul 2008

hi nuts
many thanks for your info will give it a go,will post back if i have any problems.

gibfish26.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?