Backing up Outlook

blanco 11:28 10 Sep 2007

I am shortly going to do a clean reinstall of Windows XP and in preparation would like to save all my Outlook messages and Address book to reinstate.

I know I should know this but it's a while since I've gone back to square one so I would appreciate it if someone can tell me the correct procedure.

Daiol 11:38 10 Sep 2007

Is this any help to you ::click here luck daiol

Noldi 11:42 10 Sep 2007

File > Archive is the normal way. Use browse to save it to memory stick etc

Noldi

Daiol 11:43 10 Sep 2007

oops sorry wrong site have a nose here ::click here
Sorry,hope this helps.

blanco 16:42 10 Sep 2007

Thanks. I have transferred the Outlook back up file to a disk but I don't know whether this includes the address book and I can find no way of copying or even printing out the address list.

It would be a real pain to have to start this from scratch.

Alan2 18:16 10 Sep 2007

If it's Outlook 2002 you're using Microsoft provide a short utility that backs up the outlook.pst file on when you close Outlook down.

Look here click here

Otherwise search the MS knowledgebase site.

Kingfisher 19:07 10 Sep 2007

have a lokk at this google click here=

good luck

Kingfisher 19:08 10 Sep 2007

or even look sorry about typing error

blanco 19:20 10 Sep 2007

Thanks again guys - it's Outlook 2003 and I have got the pst file copied on disk but I don't have anyway of knowing whether that includes the Address Book or just the actual email folders.

Thanks for the Google link Kingfisher, I'll have a sortie around the sites and see if they come up with anything.

To be on the safe side, I've printed out the Contacts so that at least I have something.

Alan2 22:48 10 Sep 2007

Have you looked at this --> click here

blanco 10:21 11 Sep 2007

Alan2 and Beta

I'm not sure why the help links on Outlook didn't point towards the kb which gives me pretty well all the answers. Just to make life a little more interesting I suppose.

And, the hints on opening a pst file are very helpful.

I'll now tick resolved, so wish me luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?