Backing up Office Outlook 2007 settings

FatboySlim71 09:53 08 Aug 2008

I was wondering if there is an easy way or if there is a program that will do it.

Basically I am wanting to backup all the settings, i.e. Email accounts settings (as I have a few and it is a long winded procedure entering all the settings again if something goes wrong).

I also want to be able to backup all my stationery, signatures and basically any other important settings that Office Outlook 2007 uses, so that in the event of something going wrong I would simple need to restore/copy the backup file/files over.

Thanks FB.

rawprawn 09:57 08 Aug 2008

I use this, brilliant.
click here
You can use either the "Wizard" or Manual

rawprawn 09:59 08 Aug 2008

Or Microsfts own which I also used,you can use both if you wish.
click here

I am Spartacus 10:01 08 Aug 2008

I just copy the outlook.pst file to another hard disk (or 2) at regular intervals.

FatboySlim71 10:03 08 Aug 2008

Thanks rawprawn I'll give them both a try and see which I prefer.

So will either one of the programs you have mentioned backup,

Email accounts settings, Stationery, signatures and basically any other important settings that Office Outlook 2007 uses?

FatboySlim71 10:15 08 Aug 2008

Just downloaded the Amic Emails program you mentioned. I couldn't believe how quick & easy it is to make a backup of the Office Outlook settings, I also noticed it was possible to backup the IE favourites as well.

So if I were to accidentally delete an email account for example, all I would need to do would be to to run Amic, click on the restore tab and basically then restore the backup directly into Office Outlook 2007?

FatboySlim71 17:04 12 Aug 2008

Just had to put the Amic Emails program to the test rawprawn, when I mistakenly restored my computer with Acronis and in the process it reverted back to the earlier contacts list, luckily I had used Amic Emails program to backup the up to date details to a USB stick, all I had to do was double click on the backup file follow the on screen instructions and all my contacts were all back, super little program and thanks very much for the help and to everyone else as well, its much appreciated. I'll now mark resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?