backing-up Office 2010

Laurence WM 15:09 02 Nov 2010

I have purchased Office 2010 from microsoft.com. It is now installed on Windows XP on my PC. What is the best way to make a back-up copy, please?

Thanks very much,
Laurence WM

Sea Urchin 15:17 02 Nov 2010

Presumably you bought the program on disk/s? I would say that is the ideal backup.

Ian in Northampton 15:55 02 Nov 2010

Either what Sea Urchin says - make a copy of the original disks (that's what I do for all my software) or, if you purchased via download, burn the download file to a disc.

Laurence WM 17:56 02 Nov 2010

Thanks for your replies. It was purchased via download. I have tried copying the download onto a disc, but have had difficulties. Is there any problem with using the product key again for making the back-up?

wee eddie 18:03 02 Nov 2010

your License Number. Anything goes wrong and you should be able to re-download.

But, check with them first, there may be a limit to the number of Re-Downloads.

Laurence WM 21:02 02 Nov 2010

Thank you, Wee Eddie.

With my order confirmation came the advice 'We recommend you save the download to an external drive or DVD'. This is what I have been trying to do, unsuccessfully (on to a CD). If anyone has done exactly this (copying the download from my desktop) perhaps they could guide me through step-by-step. Is it the installation package that I should be copying? Many thanks.

iscanut 10:17 03 Nov 2010

Will probably need to be a DVD as CD has only 650Mb or so.

Sea Urchin 16:10 03 Nov 2010

I would suggest downloading ImageBurn to save the file from your desktop - it's very easy to use. But I would agree with iscanut - you'll need a DVD instead of the CD

click here

Laurence WM 15:44 04 Nov 2010

I'll try ImgBurn on a DVD.

Laurence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?