Backing up My Emails in Acronis 10

exdragon 10:26 14 Jul 2008

I'm getting so annoyed with this! I've just satisfactorily backed up My Applications and My Data in Acronis, but when I get to My Emails, there's a problem.

It starts off ok, then the progress bar gets so far and then rapidly reverses and I get yet another error message about ModName MSVCR71.dll, followed by a memory could not be 'read' error.

I've repaired Acronis and recently ran sfc to repair a similar problem with CS3. What's so special about backing up Outlook 2003 which could cause a problem which didn't occur with Applications and Data?

I've got XP Home and no sp3 as that apparently causes problems with my Realtek sound card.

I'm depressed...

exdragon 10:29 14 Jul 2008

Forgot to say - I didn't have this problem when I did exactly the same thing last Monday and as far as I'm aware, I haven't done anything drastic since.

rawprawn 10:47 14 Jul 2008

I had the same problem with Acronis V 10, in fact I started using Outlook Backup which I found excellent click here
I upgraded to V 11 and it works fine now but I still use Outlook backup.

exdragon 11:08 14 Jul 2008

But why have I been able to use Acronis for Emails since I bought it a year ago??

rawprawn 11:16 14 Jul 2008

Sorry I honestly don't know. As I said I had the same problem.

exdragon 11:21 14 Jul 2008

When the back up doesn't work and I look on the external drive, the file My Emails is there, but when I try to open it, I'm asked for a password which I know I've never set.

Thanks, rawprawn - I'll perhaps give that a try. I'll leave this open in case anyone else had any ideas.

It's so frustrating - ok, maybe not in the grand scheme of things and the problems of life in general but...

rawprawn 11:45 14 Jul 2008

Try the Acronis Forum at Wilders Security
click here

exdragon 11:57 14 Jul 2008

Thanks - I'd forgotten about them. I cane across the name Wilders in my password list but couldn't remember who they were!

Do you think FE would create a new page for the 'terminally bewildered and losing it fast' section of this community? Or would I be on my own?

Procrastinus 12:08 14 Jul 2008

I do not use Acronis, but I do use a very good e-mail back up facility.

click here

It will back up on a regular basis to a folder of your choice, and also copies address book, preferences, blocked senders list, etc.

exdragon 12:35 14 Jul 2008

That looks useful, I'll give it a go until I can get Acronis sorted out, thanks.

rawprawn 13:36 14 Jul 2008

"Do you think FE would create a new page for the 'terminally bewildered and losing it fast' section of this community? Or would I be on my own?"
You would not be on your own in this forum!!
There are many of us who would claim to be founder members.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie