Backing up my computer...

The Dazza 20:16 22 Aug 2005

..in case of crash, I would like to backup my programs to rw disk. Is it just a case of backing up 'program files' in explorer or is there more to it?

Also, how would I get the programs to work when restoring? Is there a simple solution?

Thanks

DieSse 22:22 22 Aug 2005

"or is there more to it?"

There is more to it.

You should be looking at backing up everything on your computer - OS / Programs / Data / Settings / Address Books / etc.

One of the easiest ways to do this is with Acronis True Image. This will make a compressed backup of your whole computer onto whatever media you wish. And it will also make updates to the backup whenever you wish.

aaa.acronis.com for details and a free trial download. You can purchase on-line for less than £20.

DieSse 22:22 22 Aug 2005

"or is there more to it?"

There is more to it.

You should be looking at backing up everything on your computer - OS / Programs / Data / Settings / Address Books / etc.

One of the easiest ways to do this is with Acronis True Image. This will make a compressed backup of your whole computer onto whatever media you wish. And it will also make updates to the backup whenever you wish.

click here for details and a free trial download. You can purchase on-line for less than £20.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?