backing up my C/:

Paul2008 19:07 19 May 2009

I seem to be collecting software that I load into C and having recently done a reinstallation, it was a pain to have to reinstall all the software.
Any recommendations of "imaging software" (if this is the right word) so that if I had to reinstall in the future, then all I would have to load a backup copy.
Yes, I know about restore points :-)
Thanks
Paul2008

rawprawn 19:09 19 May 2009

Without a doubt Acronis Home 2009
click here

rawprawn 19:11 19 May 2009

A better link click here

Belatucadrus 19:15 19 May 2009

Macrium reflect free edition.
click here

Paul2008 19:29 19 May 2009

Gosh, you guys are frighteningly FAST.....
Does this software mean that I can backup to an external hard-drive and then resore as needed?
Scenario; I download the "trial version, make an image copy and save.
Can I do this with the trail on my PC and on my notebook or would I have to download 2 copies?
If I didn't buy the full version would this void the copy I made after the trial period?
If the system crashed does the Image include everything or does XP have to be loaded first?
Thanks again
Paul2008

DieSse 22:33 19 May 2009

"Does this software mean that I can backup to an external hard-drive and then resore as needed?"

Yes that's exactly what it does.

"If the system crashed does the Image include everything or does XP have to be loaded first?"

Yes it includes absolutely everything - no you don't need to load anything first.

Don't try and work with just a trial copy. You'll need to do the backup at regular intervals, otherwise you'll lose too much since the previous backup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Graphic tees: 14 best websites to find your next T-shirt

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017