Backing up DVD

Dirk Diggler 13:00 16 Aug 2009

I have a DVD (non copyright) that I created in Pinnacle Studio 12

I have deleted the original footage but now need to make a copy of the DVD

Does anyone have any recommedations for a (pref free) program that will allow me to take my DVD and copy it

I have tried DVD FAB and DVD shrink but no joy

Cheers

crosstrainer 14:24 16 Aug 2009

As long as you retain the original files, then:
click here

Will do most things you need.

eedcam 15:17 16 Aug 2009

Why would shrink not copy it will copy any proper video dvd non copywrite Is yours a propere dvd ie does it show as a video ts folder

Dirk Diggler 12:50 17 Aug 2009

Hi

I could see the VIDEO_TS folder but when I tried to select my target DVD drive it came up as process failed

crosstrainer 13:04 17 Aug 2009

DVD's with the Video_ts tag are only copyable through software such as Pinnacle etc.

If you are trying to copy a commercially purchased film then it won't work, at least not with anything I can post here.

Dirk Diggler 13:17 17 Aug 2009

No copyright issues are involved as it was a DVD that I made (converting VHS) using Pinnacle

DVD Shrink has made a copy of the DVD (Which is the VIDEO_TS file I mentioned) but will not burn it to a blank DVD - Maybe it thinks its a commercial DVD

Anyways, I have ended up running the VHS back through Pinnacle and redoing the DVD that way

Had to find a quick solution as I only have a few days left on my trial of Pinnacle - I did have Pinnacle Studio 8 but for some reason thats not Vista compatible - dont get me started lol

Cheers matey

David4637 21:25 17 Aug 2009

You use shrink to rip to your HD. Then you use your own burn S/W to copy it to a DVD RW. If it works OK, THEN copy to a DVD R. David

eedcam 22:19 17 Aug 2009

Dirk digger get Imgburn its free and you might find shrink will select that for the burner if not just use imgburn on its own Ignore the first large box scro;; down to the second one for the download
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?