Backing up data as I enter it on my tablet

I use a software app to create reports but the data isn't saved until I sync it to the online servers. Unfortunately I live in an area with a poor signal and my mobile hotspot has been unable to allow syncing whilst out on a job. As a result I may have a whole day's data entry unsaved until I can sync, which is unwise to say the least. Recently I managed to sync but there was a mobile data app corruption whilst syncing and I lost everything. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated as it is an urgent issue which I need to resolve.

Many thanks

Fiona

Woolwell 10:22 09 Sep 2014

Which tablet?

Samsung Galaxy note 10.1

Woolwell 10:35 09 Sep 2014

If it was an iPad I was going to say that I couldn't think of an easy solution. I'm not familiar with the Samsung but it can take an external card. I wonder if it is possible to copy data to that?

Would I need an SD card & do you happen to know if there's a way of automating the process? Many thanks.

Woolwell 10:44 09 Sep 2014

You would need an SD card but have no idea about automating the process or even if you can copy the data. I guess it is a specific app. Is there support for that app?

There is support but they haven't offered any solutions regarding this issue.

Woolwell 11:30 09 Sep 2014

I'm sorry but I'm at my limit.

compumac 12:33 09 Sep 2014

I have both a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and also a Tab S 10.5. With both I use "ALLRELI" OTG cable to connect to a memory stick and COPIED data back and forth. I Purchased the "ALLRELI" from Amazon. Works well.

Then when you are in a more Wi-Fi accessible area you can use the sync.

Why have you set it up to sync, rather than save?

compumac 12:35 09 Sep 2014

I have both a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and also a Tab S 10.5. With both I use "ALLRELI" OTG cable to connect to a memory stick and COPIED data back and forth. I Purchased the "ALLRELI" from Amazon. Works well. £2.98

Then when you are in a more Wi-Fi accessible area you can use the sync.

Why have you set it up to sync, rather than save?

compumac 12:37 09 Sep 2014

Sorry for double post - do not know why.

Amazon £2.98

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?