background music on my site

jaysmoke 11:26 14 Aug 2003

hi I want to have a music playing in my site using flash can anybody help.

Forum Editor 20:47 14 Aug 2003

please consider carefully. Unless your site is the kind of place where visitors would expect to find music playing you might well find that you'll drive most of them away.

Many people (me included) find web sites which play music very irritating, and they avoid such sites like the plague. Some music files take a while to download as well, and if you add Flash into the equation you'll be slowing down the page loading even further.

Now that I've got that off my chest I'll try to help
click here to find out how to do it.

barryoneoff.co.uk 02:24 15 Aug 2003

there is nothing worse (in my humble opinion) than music (1) and frames(2) on a site of any kind.

Sorry, Whiz...

pj123 16:02 15 Aug 2003

I agree, forget background music. It is bad enough on the telephone. I for one would log off very quickly.

Patr100 17:41 15 Aug 2003

I am afraid I have to agree with all the above. About the worst thing I can find on a site is piped musak. Along with overuse of (please wait while loading....) Flash it's probably my pet hate.

jaysmoke 17:22 18 Aug 2003

well thanx but it's not that I would have it playing throughout but then the user would have the choice of stoppin and playing it...which is normally done in flash

pj123 16:04 19 Aug 2003

Must be a very boring site if you think you need music to keep peoples interest. give us a link and let us look ourselves??????

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:24 19 Aug 2003

Hear,hear pj123 (excuse the pun, dont want to hear, hear!)

jaysmoke 16:09 20 Aug 2003
  The Musicman 17:08 20 Aug 2003

i agree with all the comments.

however the easiest way to do it "in flash" is with Swish (click here)

can i also point out that i cant read the main text (looks like dark grey on black)

pj123 15:20 21 Aug 2003

My opinion only but, I can't read it either and I don't think I would recommend it. Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?