backdoor/subseven trojan horse problem

no1ghoul 18:53 07 Dec 2003

I have norton firewall installed and thank god i seem to be getting hit on a semi-regular basis with the backdoor/subseven trojan horse attack norton stops it and blocks the ip for half hour so im not worried about the affects of the trojan im more concerned that i keep getting hit by it and wondered is this normal or am i the victim of a sustained attack from some-one in particular.

Thanx in advance for any reassurance you can give me.

No1Ghoul

pc moron 19:41 07 Dec 2003

If you have Norton Personal Firewall 2002 and Win XP then don't worry.

I used to get the very same warning all the time and when I traced it I found it was just my PC "handshaking" with my ISP.

mimo 19:43 07 Dec 2003

hi no1ghoul.like you im constantly being scanned for the presence of the backdoor trogen.at least once a week norton warns of a possible attack,you get use to it after a while.when this happens i add the ip address to the blocked pc list.as yet norton hasnt let me down.like you this concerned me but i have confidence in nis....all i can suggest is that your virus definitions are up to date,and scanning your pc at least once a week.....one more point,i have nis 2003 with a tracker option.when activated i can obtain details of the attacker..i hope this was of help.mimo

no1ghoul 19:53 07 Dec 2003

You really have set my mind at ease. I have kept my firewall up to date and my anti-virus too and I also use XP. No offence but it's nice to now I am not the only one to get this attack fairly regularly and that I do have the correct tools to negate it.
Once again thanx guys I have ticked this as resolved and shall treat it as such.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017