backdoor trojan

numcy 22:39 20 Jul 2007

A recent scan by Norton found 3 backdoor trojans on my pc, how they got there I do not know as I keep Norton on continuous. Anyhow it removed 1 but could not do anything with the other 2 apart from advise me to review which simply took me to their website where I was told I could part with £69.95 for them to hopefully help me. Several scans later the trojans were apparently still there, no apparent removal possible even after ensuring my virus definitions were up to date. I rescanned the following day and this time nothing showed up. I have downloaded AVG free version and this also shows no problems. Now, the problem is this. In the unresolved security risks folder on Norton it shows these 2 back door trojans apparently still on my pc but scans do not find them. As the unresolved security risk folder is contained within the quarantined folder (bear with me!)does this mean that Norton has quarantined the files affected or not! If not, how can I clean my pc, scan to find trojans etc and be confident that my pc is not infected. I am of the belief that Norton is perhaps causing worries that are unwarranted but I cannot be certain. Any help please, many thanks

brundle 22:51 20 Jul 2007

Long winded approach, download NOD32 trial click here, uninstall Norton (use Norton Removal Tool if the normal method doesn't work click here),disconnect from internet,reboot, install NOD32, connect to net, allow it to update, do a full scan. Then re-install Norton.

brundle 22:51 20 Jul 2007

Remove NOD32 before re-installing Norton of course

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?