Back up vista

raziel08 17:12 25 Jan 2009

Hi i am currently trying to create a back up of vista home premnium so that if my hard drive completly fails i will still be able to use vista. i have NTI Backup Now! 4.7. This software asks me to manually choost the files that i want to back up. after clicking on the hard drive i'm given a list of folders. Do i need to back up just the folder labelled windows? i will also need to back up all of my programs seperatley.

mooly 17:33 25 Jan 2009

Is NTI a disc imaging program... it may not be. Think you need Acronis or similar. My Acer came with NTI bundled software inc backup 4.5 I think. It just backed up user data and stuff so uninstalled it and I use Acronis exclusively.

raziel08 17:49 25 Jan 2009

I don't think it is. i think that it just copies the files. the computer is an acer as well and comes with various NTI products. Will try acronis then thank you. Do you have a website that i can download it from or is it a bought product?

mooly 18:21 25 Jan 2009

Try Amazon, you get the CD then, not just a download. Also see,
click here
click resources and tutorials. Doesn't your Acer have Erecovery or Empowering technology as they call it that lets you do full image backups anyway. I lost that feature when I got the free Vista upgrade two years ago, but I kept the bundled stuff except NTI backup. That's why I got Acronis and use it to do running backups to the D partition. It's saved the day on several occasions to ! I know I should clone the disc as well... I must at some point.

raziel08 22:13 25 Jan 2009

Yes i do have empowering technology but haven't really looked at it too closely. So i will look at that too thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?