Back Up Image Problems

SURVEY 17:39 28 Feb 2007

Can anyone help me please? Just purchased a Western Digital My Book 500GB external drive. Have converted it to NTFS successfully. Have managed to copy some files straight over from my main drive to the external drive.

However when using Norton Ghost 9.0 it starts to create the image and gets so far and then comes up with the message ‘Error E7D01001F – Unable to write to file Error 0000000002. The system can’t find the file specified (0xED7D100F)’. Then ‘Windows unable to save all the data I:\$BitMap’.

Have now tried this several times. Trying to use Symantec’s ‘so-called’ help the only near reference is that it may be due to an insufficient stack size and to change the Registry parameter. I am reluctant to do this. My hard drive is approx. 185GB used.

Any ideas? Could it be a faulty drive?

Kingfisher 18:58 28 Feb 2007

why not give this a trial it is always recommended on this forum, I use it with no probs
click here

SURVEY 19:10 28 Feb 2007

Kingfisher. Thanks for yiour posting. I am of course well aware of Acronis. I have used Ghost for many years and very successfully. It is only wjhen adding this new external drive that I have had problems. However since my first posting I have now created 2 full images incuding verification so I now am none the wiser why I had problems initially. That is the worrying aspect as with disc imaging one needs to know that all is totally reliable. I shall take some more test images before I can relax! It amy have been that a connection was loose? Who knows!

SURVEY 11:19 01 Mar 2007

I have now taken two further test images and all seems to have settled down nicely. Thus I am ticking the Resolved box but feel free to add any further comments plesae.

Kingfisher 19:04 01 Mar 2007

Glad you got it sorted survey thats the main thing

Arnie 19:31 01 Mar 2007

Can you enable Ghost to sum check your image as with Acronis?
Is so. you should be confident that everything is ok.

Arnie 19:34 01 Mar 2007

you are able to verify, so ignore my posting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?