back-up emails in Outlook.

Boy Zone 19:20 30 Mar 2004

Hi to you all,

I currently use Outlook express as my default Email system, but everyone keeps telling me that Outlook is best.
I know how to back-up all my emails, plus address list in O/E, but how do I do this in Outlook?
And what advantages do you think O/L has over O/E.
Should I bother?

joelmb 19:46 30 Mar 2004

You simply go to File>Import and export>Export to a file.

I used to use OE but changed to Outlook when I got my fancy new smartphone which uses outlook to synchronise and download my tasks, diary, emails etc. I've never seen a major advantage in upgrading from OE before this, but have never looked back after, it's brilliant simply for this.

If all you want is a mail client then OE is your best option.

If you want integrated contacts, appointments, diary reminders, calander, notes, journal, far more ability to organise emails.......

I prefer Outlook and the above is only half the list!

Boy Zone 21:20 31 Mar 2004

Thanks for you reply,
But when I go file >export> what type of file do I choose? There are quite a ffew to pick at.

Gman 21:38 31 Mar 2004

Backup the file called pst

The best option is .pst and then select the top folder (personal folders) and set to include sub folders.

While you are at it, why not download the .pst backup utility from Microsoft? This sets an automatic backup to a location of your choice of the .pst folders from which you can restore data in the event it is needed.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?