BACK UP DATA ERROR

Fletch72 11:38 13 Nov 2006

I am trying to back up my files to a cd but when I try and do it I keep getting the following error; The back up file name could not be used. "D:\BACKUP.bkf". Please ensure it is a valid path and that you have sufficient access.
Can anyone please help? I have already lost data due to a computer failure and don't want it to happen again, so would like to back up my data.

^wave^ 11:39 13 Nov 2006

what program are using to do the backup

UncleP 13:04 13 Nov 2006

I believe that some words, related to fundamental computer operations, may not be used as filenames. 'Backup' may well be one such - try repeating the process with a different stored file name - Fletch01, for example.

brundle 13:17 13 Nov 2006

Sounds like NTBackup for 2k/XP - I'd be very surprised if it was a filename issue as that is the default name Backup chooses itself. You could rename it anyway, in case a Backup.bkf file already exists.
If you are trying to `save` directly to CD (your D: drive) it won't work - you need to save the file to your hard-drive, then burn it to CD afterwards.

Fletch72 15:22 16 Nov 2006

Thanks very much everyone. I now have the problem sorted!

Probabilitydrive 15:25 16 Nov 2006

Fletsch72, Could you post, how you resolved this issue. In that way others may benefit from this solution.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017