Back up Advice please

Rebanut 14:43 19 Jan 2009

Firstly I am what I believe is known as a siver surfer and I struggle sometimes with pc's, I have an Evesham pc with XP and am going to buy a freecom 500gb external hard drive, are the software products such as Acronis True Image or Ghost easy to use, or maybe there other ones to consider, I am one of these people that havent backed up anything so could you give me some advice please, thank you.

MAJ 14:48 19 Jan 2009

Each package has their own supporters, Rebanut, I prefer Acronis True Image, but both are pretty good and worth the money. Yes they are relatively easy to use, Acronis comes with a comprehensive manual which can be a chore to get through, but a lot of members here use it, so you'll never be short of straightforward, and easy to understand, help. Not as many members use Ghost.

Rebanut 14:50 19 Jan 2009

Many many thanks for your quick reply.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:00 19 Jan 2009

Just bought ATI Home 2009 have been using 7 for years.

easy to set up a weekly schedule to back up both drives

Rebanut 15:16 19 Jan 2009

Excuse my ignorance but whats the difference between ATI 11 and ATI home 2009.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:46 19 Jan 2009

Very little, just a name change but if you have vista you need 11 or home 2009.

shellship 16:53 19 Jan 2009

I, too am a Silver S, though there's not much of the silver left. I have been fiddling with computers since before my silver was brown and luxuriant and last year I got Acronis TI. Took me a while to get it going but now find it's marvellous. Go for it.

Rebanut 19:21 19 Jan 2009

Well mine is still silver and I thank you for your help and all the other help too, this is a great forum if only some of the knowledge would stick in my brain, thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?