Back up.

standard8 20:02 21 Sep 2009

Can anyone recommend a free incremental back up programme?It is to back up my files and some photos.My laptop has Vista Home Premium SP2 with NIS 2010.

Diemmess 20:30 21 Sep 2009

EZBackitup -s a freebie that does exactly what you want in XP. I've no experience with Vista.

You set up which files you wish to back up and where to save them.
You can also choose whether to update files or overwrite them.
You can save your choice as a named procedure, or alter any of the parameters each time you run it.

standard8 21:46 21 Sep 2009

Thanks very much for your response but on looking into it,it is just for XP.

100andthirty 21:55 21 Sep 2009

why not use the back up utility that comes with Vista?

standard8 22:00 21 Sep 2009

I don't use the one on my laptop since it is not working.Thanks for the reply.I should have said this on my original post.

Chegs ®™ 04:10 22 Sep 2009

click here

Its free and works on my vista PC's,but my only problem is Vista Ultimate + all my apps needs 100+ Gbs hard drive volume & the backup of it all takes forever.I have tried TrueImage(15hrs to clone a 250Gb drive to a 500Gb drive that then failed to boot,refuse to be repaired & finally had to be loaded from DVD then install my apps)several linux based apps(between 1 day & 6 days according to the various apps)but lengthy backup times seems to be the penalty for using freeware apps or Vista.

Diemmess 09:25 22 Sep 2009

EZBack-it-up is old (by today's standards) and the current version 2.0.1 mentions most Windows but doesn't mention Vista.

However, it can be removed like any of the Add/Remove range, and it is in no way invasive.

In your shoes I'd be tempted to try it and if it doesn't work or throws errors at you, it is soon banished.

But if it does work then you have full easy control, and a few seconds only to wait except for the first time with everything new to the backup folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone