Back up

blazingbadger 08:18 11 Jun 2009

I have been running Automatic File Backup however after running Wash and go (Red Leg) and CC Cleaner and updating the security from Micro$oft 2 Things have happened all my backup files have gone from D Drive and file back up wont back up or allow me to configure when I try it stops and say a problem has been encountered windows is searching for a solution any Ideas Thanks

chub_tor 09:27 11 Jun 2009

Automatic File Backup is not included in Vista Basic or Premium so I have no experience of it but perhaps it has an extension that Wash and Go or CCleaner considers to be a temporary file and so was deleted when you ran them.

That doesn't explain of course why you can no longer use Automatic Back Up but if as you said you have updated your security that might be the best place to start.

What happens if you try a System Restore to a point before you made your changes? Can you then get the back up to work?

blazingbadger 09:48 11 Jun 2009

I ran Problem Reports and it come up with the suggestion that fire fox was to blame so I updated it and this is the weird part Automatic Back Up Started and is ticking over nicely as I type.

blazingbadger 08:54 17 Jun 2009

Although it is backing up it will not allow me to configure a new time I start work tomorrow and Have decided to do all my backup on Saturdays however when I try to change the day it comes up with an error message Micro$oft Windows Back up has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly . Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?