baby AT and ATX psu... possible to alter lead?

  llbgeezer 18:45 12 Feb 2004

I would like to know if its possible to fit my monitor with a plug to power it so that I can use an ATX psu in the place of the current Baby AT... I want the more efficient cooling provided by ATX but if I replace the current Baby AT theres nowhere to plug the monitor in!
Thanks for reading my query

  Gr@h@m 18:47 12 Feb 2004

Yes, just fit a 13 amp plug.

  llbgeezer 18:51 12 Feb 2004

Thanx Graham... much appreciated

  GrahamP 20:05 12 Feb 2004

Before you buy an ATX psu, check if your motherboard accepts the ATX connector and has a soft power switch.

AT and ATX PSU's are not generally interchangeable. I've seen one hybrid board that could accept either style of power connector but it didn't have an ATX soft power switch (one that uses the +5V standby) so there was no way to switch it on.

Sorry if I've misunderstood and your replacing an AT with an ATX machine, in which case as Gr@h@m says just fit a plug or use a cable (electric kettle type) with one fitted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?