Azio Bluetooth Dongle Install Problem

papaslides 08:34 12 Sep 2006

I have just received an Azio BTD60-132 Bluetooth dongle for my computer. I cannot get the included software to install no matter what I try.

1. I have tried installing the software first and following all the directions exactly.
2. I have made sure everything is properly updated through windows update.
3. I have downloaded more up to date drivers (this unit uses Toshiba Bluetooth Stack)
4. I have tried using the device manager and manually choosing the .inf location (each time though I chose the correct file from the install cd it says "the specified location does not contain information about your hardware". This occured both when using the file from the CD included and from the more up to date driver I downloaded.

I have tried just about every imaginable thing from changing the order of plugging in the dongle and installing software, as well as the above mentioned backdoor style install. Nothing works

Btw when trying to install as the directions state it goes all the way to the point where it asks you to plug in the Bluetooth device, on the CD software it just hangs at 56% indefinately (doesn't freeze just doesn't make any progress) and when using the more up to date driver software it asks me to plug in the device every 30 seconds or so as though it could not find it. This makes no sense though because windows generic bluetooth radio finds it just fine and everything works without installing extra software (though I want to use my bluetooth headset and thus must get the toshiba stack to install).

I'm completely at a loss what can i do?

Thank you

mgmcc 11:39 12 Sep 2006

<<< This makes no sense though because windows generic bluetooth radio finds it just fine and everything works without installing extra software >>>

Presumably you are using XP with SP2 installed, in which case you should disable Windows' native support for Bluetooth to avoid conflicts with the third-party software.

"How to remove Bluetooth wireless device support in Windows XP Service Pack 2" click here

papaslides 18:08 12 Sep 2006

I know it doesn't make any sense, I followed those directions changing the names of the bth.inf and bth.pnf to bth.inf.old and bth.pnf.old and yet still my install hangs at 56%, still windows automatically configures the generic bluetooth radio, and still the install cd .inf files do not work when trying to "update" the generic bluetooth drivers. This whole situation seems ludicrous, what is going on?

citadel 20:32 12 Sep 2006

I would send it back and get one made by Belkin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?