Award BIOS Setup Utility

Irene40 16:59 04 Sep 2006

Windows XP Home Edition, when turn computor on it goes right into Award Bios Setup Utility,and makes this ding ding dinging noise, to get out off it box comes up do i want to save changes not that i have made any i hit NO then it brings me straight back into Award BIOS Setup Utility, and that dinging noise again..whats happening?

brundle 17:07 04 Sep 2006

the number and duration of beeps gives a clue to the problem click here

does it happen when the computer is switched on from `cold` as it were - beeping can indicate overheating cpu.
can you try a different keyboard and/or mouse - keys or switches may be stuck.
do you get any error messages relating to cpu speed before you see the BIOS screen - select `Load Setup Defaults` from the list and save the changes, restart.

961 17:08 04 Sep 2006

Something (thunderstorm, power surge? little fingers even) may have caused the settings to alter

One thing to try is to say YES and see if that sorts it

If not, hit "delete" button on boot up to get into BIOS settings. If you have the manual you can check them one by one, or get a computer friend to check settings for you

Irene40 17:13 04 Sep 2006

thank you ok i take note on whats been said so far,and friend off mines phoned round to me asking me to post the problem for her as she cant get here herself,i cant answer what u have typed but ill be back, im sure...cheers, ill phone her back

Irene40 18:57 04 Sep 2006

thank you it was her keyboard at fault,there was a key stuck cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?