Avoiding Trojans, Malware etc

PaulOwen 13:32 05 Jul 2006

We all surf 'naughty' sites now and again but what is a good program to stop trojans, spyware, malware etc. My homepage keeps getting hijacked and various other things when I browse these sites.

I am currently running AVG and Sygate Firewall.

rawprawn 13:34 05 Jul 2006
  PaulOwen 13:39 05 Jul 2006

Thanks rawprawn I have installed that. What about all the other nasties? Will my current programs suffice?

Belatucadrus 13:44 05 Jul 2006

For Mal/Spyware, choose a couple click here SpywareBlaster and Defender suit me. Don't go overboard though.

rawprawn 13:52 05 Jul 2006

Prevx1 the best I have found at stopping malware, it is free until it actually catches and deletes something then you have 32 days free after that.it is by subscription.
click here click on protect my computer then download when the page opens.

dogbreath1 13:52 05 Jul 2006

...as an example, if you visit click here, you can catch a nasty known as WGA!!

woodchip 13:57 05 Jul 2006

We all surf 'naughty' sites now and again. Speak for your self. Avoiding Trojans, Malware, is like trying dodge bullets

woodchip 13:59 05 Jul 2006

If you don't go on the Firing range it's a lot easier

PaulOwen 15:40 05 Jul 2006

You never have then woodchip, I tend to differ!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:25 05 Jul 2006

What is your definition of a "dodgy site" :0)

I seem to spend a long time cleaning teenage girls PCs after they have been in chatrooms, ring tone sites and screen saver sites. Am sure their parents don not consider these to be "dodgy"

Now teenage boys... that's different.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:28 05 Jul 2006

Agree with Belatucadrus, SpywareBlaster and Defender will stop the majority, and as a backup, scan with either Adaware / Ewido / Spybot to catch any
the first two miss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?