Avoiding spambots on webpages

Patr100 12:29 31 Jan 2007

I'm in towo minds about this.

Which is less likely to attract spambots successfuly harvesting email address from webpages- Using an email obfuscator or simply placing the address in plain text (ie not as a clickable link) thus removing the tell-tale maito: markup?

-

Patr100 20:01 31 Jan 2007

yeah there's a few ways - Images take a little more preparation - for simplicity just couldn't really decide between the two I mentioned.

Adding extra characters to be removed is probably simple but effective but I find looks a little ugly.

-

FreeCell 11:33 08 Feb 2007

Try this. Found it works quite well, but once a spammer has an address then of course it offers no protection.

click here

FreeCell 15:20 08 Feb 2007

fourm member

Yes you are correct and the article makes the issue of webpage users needing javascript enabled clear. I offer it as one more possible solution and leave it to others to decide which compromises they may have to make.

Clic 11:30 13 Feb 2007

I get a hundred junk mails a day from my website email outlook express link. I need customers to contact me with as little effort as possible, but I am not getting much genuine response-just rubbish. I have installed "cloudmark" but dont really know what to do to minimise the problem. Help?

anchor 13:49 14 Feb 2007

I use Outlook 2003 and find its junk mail filter very effective.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone