AVI HELP

FRANNY 16:09 17 Apr 2009

Can anyone tell me why i have one AVI file that will play in media player,and one AVI file that will not,and how to maybe convert it to play on my home dvd player.

Stuartli 16:23 17 Apr 2009

See:

click here

from another thread:

click here

eedcam 18:55 17 Apr 2009

Probably because AVI is not a format therefore there are different types all saying they are avi

Stuartli 19:47 17 Apr 2009
  anchor 12:23 18 Apr 2009

Stuartli: Thanks for the link yesterday to the "giveaway" of Wondershare video converter.

I have done a quick try out, and so far it looks good.

anchor 13:39 18 Apr 2009

Oh Dear !!

I downloaded, installed, and registered the Wondershare video converter yesterday afternoon. All was going well until I did something wrong a few minutes ago. This required a system restore, and whilst correcting the problem, I lost the Wondershare installation.

I used the last restore point available to me, which was prior to installing Wondershare. On re-installing and trying to register it, I was told it is too late, as it needed to be registered on the same day.

Can anyone think of a way round this problem?.

Stuartli 14:46 18 Apr 2009

The only thing I can think of is to temporarily change your computer system's day and date setting to that of the offer - the read me file does state it has to be registered before the offer expires.

eedcam 15:23 18 Apr 2009

I've found by chance found if you have saved the link to the download in say an email then on using that link it gets through .Least thats what happened whan I sent someone the link and they used it the next day after the time period

anchor 15:29 18 Apr 2009

Thanks for your replies.

Unfortunately neither solutions work. I changed the date on my PC, then re-installed the prog. I then tried to register it on their server, but it refused, stating I was too late. Obviously, the date is validated from their end.

Using the url link didn't work either, the page said "This giveaway is not available any more".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?