AVI conversion error in Nero 6

DJ-Garry 22:49 16 May 2004

I am using a fresh install of Nero 6 on a new XP Pro machine, trying to burn .AVI files to VCD. I capture the video using Screencorder. I know Nero should be able to do the conversion ok as I used to use 5.5 on an old Win98se machine and it worked a treat but quite near the start of the file conversion process I get a message 'Unknown error in the Video MPEG encoder'. Is this a v6 problen with nero, or is there a plugin I may need. Didn't need a plugin with v5.5.

stalion 22:59 16 May 2004

I think you need to convert your avi files to mpeg2 prior to burning.Regards

DJ-Garry 23:01 16 May 2004

Thanks stalion but I KNOW Nero can do this. I and others have done loads of disk this way, it's just I have a faster machine to do it on now.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 23:18 16 May 2004

Got the same problem. I wonder if the latest version has a fix.(6.3.1.10)

Pearly Gates |X|X| 23:22 16 May 2004

Its another "Major update" even bigger than 6.1.3.6, takes ages on a dial up.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 23:33 16 May 2004

Looks like a plug-in click here, I think the upgrade may fix your CD internet problem though.

Pearly Gates |X|X| 23:39 16 May 2004

On the other hand, I can never make sense of The Nero site, one page says you need it and then you get this click here

DJ-Garry 00:17 17 May 2004

I think there is a standard MPEG2 decoder built in. There has been since v5. If you've got v6 you should also have the new MPEG2 to DVD and MPEG2 to SVCD plugins automatically.
If you havn't got them and you do want them, the links you gave take you to them.
This page: click here should be the release note for all previous versions. It's not an easy page to find, you have to look through the sitemap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017