AVG/A2 for vista,are they compatible

NewestRoyWidd1 19:31 09 Mar 2007

Hello,apologies for being vague at this point,I'm trying to help a friend who thinks she has got a virus on her pc,no further details as yet.
She has got vista,and last night,something caused it to default to factory settings,I'm in the process of trying to sort it all out,so may take time to reply here.
She has got Norton anti-v at present,but I want to get her onto AVG and A2,are they compatible with vista,or should she stay with Norton for now?A quick reply on just that would be apprciated please whilst i've got her online.
Many thanks for now

Technotiger 19:40 09 Mar 2007

Hi, AVG is certainly ok with Vista, don't know about A2, never used it.

Technotiger 19:42 09 Mar 2007

ps - I would advise getting rid of Norton, to avoid clashes only one Anti-virus should be installed.

NewestRoyWidd1 19:44 09 Mar 2007

Thanks for that,it's a start point in helping her,I think Norton is for the chop imminently.I will post more info on the exact problem once I can establish what it is.This may have to be either later tonight or tomorrow though.

keith-236785 21:05 09 Mar 2007

as technotiger says, only have 1 antivirus to avoid getting false positives. which one is your choice but i have used AVG for many years without any problems.

other people swear by a²

good luck

NewestRoyWidd1 23:32 12 Mar 2007

Apologies for the delay in replying,AVG is an antivirus,a2 a malware scanner.There is a distinct difference as to their functions.
Re the original problem,its still not clear what has happened so I have ticked as resolved.

terryf 00:21 13 Mar 2007

Google for a2 and their website should tell you whether it is vista compatible, I can't be bothered to look.

Input Overload 00:56 13 Mar 2007

I think there is a version of A2 in beta that works with Vista, SuperAntiSpyware is Vista compatable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?