AVG8

aneurin75 18:17 12 May 2008

Have downloaded AVG8 and also have the CD. However, I have two major problems-firstly I cannot get the AVG Firewall to work no matter how I try to set it. Still have the Windows Firewall so all is not lost.I just get an error message 'e0018e03', about which AVG are unable to help. Also, although I set the virus checker to run automatically it stops immediately and I get a message saying that the scan log is corrupted.I cannot clear the scan log so I have to run the scan manually. Any of you geniuses out there have any ideas? Many thanks.

Technotiger 18:22 12 May 2008

Uninstall AVG8 using click here

During the uninstall when it asks if you want to re-start your computer now - don't restart, let Revo continue, then when it gives you the option to Select All and Delete do so! Let Revo continue, when finished re-start your computer. You will then have a 'clean-slate' to re-install AVG8.

The downloaded version is probably more up-to-date than the CD version.

john bunyan 18:32 12 May 2008

Not a hi jack! Just a supplimentary. With the free download do you have to uninstall version 7.5 before installing the new one or can you just go ahead over the old version as in ccleaner?
Sorry if you think I should start a new thread.

peter99co 18:36 12 May 2008

Avg 8 will remove 7.5 for you

It is very good!

eedcam 18:38 12 May 2008

AVG 8 should remove 7.5 be prepared for probs if it hangs

john bunyan 18:29 15 May 2008

Thanks Now ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?