AVG won't remove virus

triflesterms 22:11 03 Aug 2008

Hi

I've just noticed that i have got to virus's on my USB key that i cant remove, i've tried reformting & it's still there, AVG wont remove not sure how to get rid of them, the virus's are -

virus found worm/autorun

Trojan horse backdoor.Ircbot.EXW

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

RFB 22:28 03 Aug 2008

Hope this helps...
click here

RFB 8-)

triflesterms 19:08 05 Aug 2008

not really, i could do with a trojan horse remover, can you or anyone else recomend any?

mfletch 19:13 05 Aug 2008

Here are a few free antispyware/malware programs to use,

Only run one at a time

Always check for any updates before running

SAS/ Superantispyware click here

MBAM/ Malwarebytes/ Antimalware click here

DRWebCurit/ click here

Try MBAM first

mfletch

triflesterms 19:40 05 Aug 2008

Cheers mate, i'll let you know how i got on with them

skidzy 19:59 05 Aug 2008

Some good advice above from Mfletch,see how you get along.

Thing is when you are formatting the drive,are you just formatting one partition (if more than one).

If all else fails,try the below;

Flash drive infections usually involve malware that loads an autorun.inf file into the root folder of all drives (internal, external, removable). When the removable media is inserted, autorun looks for autorun.inf and automatically executes another malicious file to run on your computer. When a flash drive becomes infected, the Trojan will infect a system when the removable media is inserted if autorun has not been disabled.

Please insert your flash drive before we begin!

Download Flash_Disinfector.exe click here by sUBs and save it to your desktop.

* Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
* The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
* Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
* Reboot your computer when done.

Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that is plugged in when you ran it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?