avg vs avast

arris 18:31 05 Feb 2006

which one is the best, scans the quickest and is easiest to install and configure?

ta

rawprawn 18:33 05 Feb 2006

It's a personal choice, in my opinion they are equal

Skills 18:36 05 Feb 2006

My personal choice is Avast few more functions for me and very easy to configure not the fastest scan times but... AVG is also good so up to you really.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:45 05 Feb 2006

They both work equally as well.

Having used boh I prefer Avast for its ease of updating and the sceensaver scan, I therefore never hve to remember to scan or update.

961 18:59 05 Feb 2006

They both work

Avast updates automatically whereas AVG seems sometimes to have difficulty, especially at busy times

You need difficulty in updating your virus checker like you need the proverbial hole in the head

spuds 18:59 05 Feb 2006

This question as been asked many times, and the usual reply is that they are both highly recommended,and both do very similar job. Avast doe's automatic updates, so this would be an added advantage.

stalion 19:12 05 Feb 2006

this is equally as good and does automatic updates as well click here

arris 20:08 05 Feb 2006

I think I'll go with avast when my antivirus runs out seeing as there isn't much difference. I think the screenshots do it no favours though, it looks really basic to me. But I like the sound of it automatic updating and all the good reviews i've been reading.

Don't know much about antivir, it's the first time I've heard of it.

Belatucadrus 20:19 05 Feb 2006

It isn't, there are a couple of additional configuration windows, one available as a drop down list from the main window menu button and another by right clicking the task bar icon.

arris 20:26 05 Feb 2006

Okie dokie i didn't realize. I was just going off the screenshot which looks like an ancient windows media player skin.

interzone55 21:36 05 Feb 2006

There are a variety of skins for Avast! my personal favourite being the Mac osX looky likey one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)