Avg updates

swanny2 12:44 21 Dec 2007

Hi
i just went too update AVG and its telling me the Email scanner is not Configured,an wont download the updates.Therefore the Icon in my tray is not lit up,what i would like too know,is is it still functional as a anti virus for my pc.. as im not sure what too do.

thanks
Swanny :O)

Sea Urchin 13:46 21 Dec 2007

Open AVG > Control Center > On displayed list double click E-mail Scanner to open Properties. Make sure that Personal E-mail scanner is showing as Installed Plugins. Make sure that Ignore plugin status is NOT ticked, then click Apply > OK etc

swanny2 13:53 21 Dec 2007

thanks .the one thats ticked is

use the shared test configuration.

yet it tell me that email scanner is not configured? hmm

Sea Urchin 14:00 21 Dec 2007

OK do as before - "use the shared test configuration" is correctly ticked, but click on the Configure button below and make sure that "Check incoming mail" and "Check Outgoing Mail" are both ticked - then OK etc

swanny2 14:59 21 Dec 2007

thanks ive done that but its still the same mate..not configured although ive done what u said..

Sea Urchin 15:55 21 Dec 2007

Sorry to hear that - something else you can try. Go to where you downloaded AVG Free - it will be something like avg75free_516a225.exe. If you cannot find it you can download it again to your desktop and use that.

Now double click the installation file as if to install

At the welcome dialog box Click Next

Click to Accept the Licence
on the Acceptance notice, Click Accept
On the next dialog box AVG will Check the system status

Next you will see a dialog box with 3 options
select ADD/REMOVE Components. and select the email scanner plugin and OK etc

when finished reboot you computer

If that does not work then I think you have to go one further step and actually reinstall AVG.

Good luck

Sea Urchin 15:56 21 Dec 2007

If needed download from click here

Sea Urchin 15:58 21 Dec 2007

Sorry!!! From here click here

swanny2 16:07 21 Dec 2007

ive done that mate .downloaded it 56mb then iuts askin for a registration code.
i will just uninstall it mate ,get something else. thanks anyway .

Sea Urchin 16:26 21 Dec 2007

Yes, you would have had a registration code when you originally downloaded AVG, and it would be the same one. However, if you want a change I could suggest Avast free which can be downloaded from click here

Don't forget to uninstall AVG - you shouldn't have two Anti Virus programs running together.

swanny2 16:33 21 Dec 2007

cheers i went too search too make sure everything from AVG was deleted,after i went too add/remove ,and when i go too delete file folders etc, it says Cannot read file source or disc? ive no idea mate.. sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?