AVG Update Question

rawprawn 22:08 10 Jun 2003

I run AVG Free version and my virus database number is 287,If I check I find this is up to date. However, If I visit the web page prompted by an earlier thread AVG Update 489 (Problem I find these higher numbers. Can someone please explain, I don't understand, thanks in advance.

Nosmas 22:20 10 Jun 2003

The "higher" numbers refer to the Program Version e.g 6.0.488. Generally both that number and the Virus Database number (currently 287) increase with each update published by Grisoft. Sometimes though (for no obvious reason) the numbers "jump" over the next sequential number.

misog 22:24 10 Jun 2003

There seems to be a problem with Avg. There update page says that 489 is the latest version but when I use the update manager it says I am up to date but i'm running 488!!!!!!

Border View 23:58 10 Jun 2003

On Djohn recommendation I checked for an update and got 288. Think it's just come out.

Just had a look in AVG control centre - information tab and its tells me I have Program Version 6.0.489 Release date 26.2.03 and Virus Database 288 Release Date 10.6.03

rawprawn 09:58 11 Jun 2003

Thanks to all who responded, I now understand perfectly. I think that sometimes I look at things but don't see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?