AVG update (large)available ; comp reboot reqrd

p;3 23:57 25 Feb 2007

for the avg'ers ;large avg update out there; comp reboot needed to complete installation

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:19 26 Feb 2007

update more often. That was a week or two ago.

p;3 00:22 26 Feb 2007

actually it is more recent than that as I update virtually daily::))normally no reboot needed but this one does and a further one on reboot too

Miros 00:29 26 Feb 2007

Isn't this the second time you have posted the same message? I have seen it before, and on both occasions I have checked out my AVG which is up to date and as yet have not been required to reboot.

ton 00:33 26 Feb 2007

No reboot required here (with XP).

p;3 00:36 26 Feb 2007

it is not often I do post about updates; but sometimes only the very big ones that do not happen that often;but why I am justifying myself to you I really do not know and nor should I have to

moorie- 00:37 26 Feb 2007

no reboot,2 desktops &2 x laptops
all running xp sp2

same as moorie- no reboot 1 desktop & 2 laptops

cycoze 00:45 26 Feb 2007

Sounds like you might need to check AVG`s Update Manager properties, make sure the circle for "Update immediately" has a dot in it.

Also have seen a few AVG installations that keep downloading all of the previous updates when there is a new one and require a reboot, so worth noting that if you keep getting large updates, you may end up having to download and install a fresh copy of AVG to over come the problem (if it starts doing this).

Miros 00:52 26 Feb 2007

Calm down, I'm only pointing out that what ever is happening to you Re: rebooting is not happening to me.

I am not trying to make an issue of it it's for you information, and perhaps your help, but if you don't want that I'll keep stum :-)

p;3 01:19 26 Feb 2007

I was merely advising of a large update; I may decide to keep this info to myself in future

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?