AVG: Scheduled Testing

Whaty 12:11 14 Nov 2006

I've recently installed AVG Free 7.5, never used AVG before.

After installation AVG ran a 'Complete Test' which I accepted because it was a new installation, however, it seems to run a 'Complete Test' every day!

I've disabled the 'Test' in the scheduler for the time being but could someone please offer me advice on how to set it up / change the settings so that it only runs weekly or on demand for example?

Actually I would appreciate any advice on setting up AVG so that it runs smoothly in the background and updates the Virus definitions regularly..

Thanks,
Terry

birdface 12:26 14 Nov 2006

You can change the time it does its tests. But unfortunately it does it on a daily basis.The only other thing to do is delete it and just run it when you want to,

MichelleC 12:27 14 Nov 2006

You can't choose for free version; it will only check daily. But to change the time for update or scan double click on each line under scheduler.

TonyM 12:32 14 Nov 2006

You don't have to run tests every day:

Just go to the AVG control centre, select Scheduler, and then Scheuled Tasks (at the bottom of the screen) - you will see a task called "Test plan in basic mode" or similar ...select that and then "edit schedule" and take the tick out of the box where it says "periodically start scheduled antivirus test".

(Leave the update settings so that it updates itself everyday).

You can then let it run quite happily and only run a complete test when you choose to.

birdface 12:39 14 Nov 2006

Thanks for the info Tony.Learn something new every day,

Whaty 12:47 14 Nov 2006

Thanks for all your replies... this is a great forum isn't it.!

tony58 16:21 14 Nov 2006

Whaty. could you please tell me the AVGfree website

Whaty 17:04 14 Nov 2006

Tony58, go here:- click here and scroll down to 'download free version'..

Regards,
Terry

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?