AVG scan times

six-h 22:36 15 Sep 2009

Having just done a clean istall of XP Home on my 2GHz Celeron lappy with 1GB RAM, I'm surprised how long it takes to do it's scheduled scan (using default settings).
The "C" drive is currently 8.15GB, "D" drive only 2.2GB. A total of 280,000 items.
Leaving the machine idle whilst it scans, it invariably takes 1hr 50mins to finish.
Processing the folder "C:\Windows\installer" takes a full half hour (about the same as for the Sys32 Folder), sometimes I get the feeling it's got into a loop but no, it eventually completes that one and continues to the end!
Is this normal, or could I slim this folder down?

birdface 23:23 15 Sep 2009

Change it to fast scan it will probably take at least 20 minutes off of the time.

six-h 23:39 15 Sep 2009

buteman; you're right, "Fast Scan" does clip 20 mins or so off, but I was concerned about the enormous size of the "installer" folder.
I've not noticed this folder on my Vista machine, don't know if there is one, or an equivalent in Vista.
Mind you, my PC is considerably more powerful, so it plows through all the data much more quickly and even monster folders don't seem to cause noticeable delay.

cnzzry 03:18 16 Sep 2009

As the professional cd key online store.
We provide full serails of War 3 cd keys.

War 3: Reign of Chaos Cd key--------------------------------------------------$12.00
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne CD key --------------------------------------$14.00
Warcraft III Battle Chest (cdkey) ---------------------------------------------- $25.00

All keys are 100% valid and unique - you'll be the only one with the key.
You can find it from here:
click here
Our site: click here
Our forum: click here(more than 8000 members now)
My Email: [email protected]
My MSN: [email protected]

If you demand it, pls send me message as soon as possible.

================
George

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?