AVG Question

swanny2 11:43 16 Jul 2008

Hello
i have The Commodo Firewall ,also Avg (free) running XP
Problem is ,well im not sure if it is,when i go too turn me Pc on and everything is loaded,i get a pop up in the corner from Comodo saying this-

swanny2 11:49 16 Jul 2008

lexpore exe has the component avgrsstx in its memory loaded by a regitry based (Applinit.Dlls) hook which could be used by Keylogger to steal private info.Verify augrsstx .dll is a valid Libary before proceeding with the request
I then get a few more pop ups involving avg like Appinit.Dll I have a option too allow or Block,im not sure if this is ok too Allow? if i dont i cant open a internet page,any ideas any1 Please. Thanks

ps- sorry about the 2 seperated postings mistake. :O)

birdface 14:13 16 Jul 2008
  swanny2 14:18 16 Jul 2008

cheers Buteman
what do you suggest i do mate. not too sure on this 1 . thanks again .

birdface 14:20 16 Jul 2008

Googled.click here= Just wondering if it is a false positive.It looks like part of AVG resident shield.Maybe try the AVG Forum and see if it is on there.

birdface 14:23 16 Jul 2008

it is a bit confusing hard to tell if Malware or just part of AVG.I would hang on and see if anyone else can help.Mind you I had to turn my resident shield off as it was using a lot of the CPU.

swanny2 15:07 16 Jul 2008

cheers
i downloaded reg run5 and did a scan it then tells me if i need help on what too terminate i did about 10 that said Bad and clicked on terminate.
It then said i need too revboot,i rebooted then the program started on my start up searched again and i had roo go throught it again . terminating the Bad stuff. me pc seems a bit slower , but i keep having too clik on update Avg data manager when restarting.ive no idea. thanks anyway.

birdface 15:36 16 Jul 2008

Maybe if you downloaded Avg after you downloaded Comodo you could try removing AVG then reinstalling it.That may help.Or maybe a system restore to a time before you had the problems.I use Kerio Firewall and don't get pop ups wanting you to allow or deny programs.

swanny2 23:35 16 Jul 2008

yes i did d/l Avg after commodo but not had this problem b4.

swanny2 14:38 19 Jul 2008

Every time i restart me pc i have too go too update manager too download latest updates on AVG,this happens everytime,and when my pc starts that reg run 5 starts running b4 i can see my desktop . any ideas please.
thanks
ps ive been too start up but cant see reg Run in there too stop it loading. :O

birdface 15:13 19 Jul 2008

Reg run is a different program ,Do you have that and AVG.To stop reg run try msconfig or add remove not sure if it also an anti-virus program.In Avg try Components.Up-date Manager.Make sure update manager component is active. and start automatic updates is ticked.Then press save changes.Sorry I don't know anything about Reg Run is it not in all programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie