AVG problem

carper 09:59 03 Nov 2010

Hi I recently downloaded the new AVG 10 and decided I didn't like it and uninstalled it again. I suspected that there was still a lot of information lurking so I did a file search which revealed hundreds of entries and suspect that these are clogging my system. I have removed using add and remove programmes and also run Revo unuinstaller. Casn somone please tell me how to get rid of all these files. Regards Carper

northumbria61 11:19 03 Nov 2010

I would reinstall AVG 2010 and then go to AVG website and search FAQ - see here click here this will tell you how to install,reinstall,or repair

northumbria61 11:19 03 Nov 2010

I would reinstall AVG 2010 and then go to AVG website and search FAQ - see here click here this will tell you how to install,reinstall,or repair

northumbria61 11:20 03 Nov 2010

Type in the "search" box - "How to remove AVG"

carper 10:06 04 Nov 2010

Hi Thanks for your replies. I have successfully removed AVG 2011 (not 2010 as stated) but it is all the remaining files that I want to clear. Some I have removed by finding them on my main drive, but others wont remove. There are over 600 of them anyway. Hoping for further instructions Regards Carper

birdface 10:11 04 Nov 2010
  carper 10:19 04 Nov 2010

Thanks for the link. Perhaps I have not made myself clear. It is not specifically AVG 2011 that I am trying to remove, but all the files associated to AVG going back to AVG 8.
Thanks for your interest. Regards Carper

birdface 10:44 04 Nov 2010

Although it says 2011 it should remove all worth a try nothing to loose.

birdface 10:50 04 Nov 2010

Only other way would be to install it again and use revo uninstaller to remove it.
You have to scroll down to get the free copy.
Set it at the 4th one down and follow prompts and remember just to remove anything in black and not the rest.

click here

carper 13:01 06 Nov 2010

Disaster!!! Used Revo uninstaller as suggested but I cannot get any further than the welcome page now, when I switch on. I have started in in safe mode but don't know where to go from here. Any help short of a complete reinstall would be appreciated. Regards Carper

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:44 06 Nov 2010

AVG removal tool click here

You must fully remove an old Antivirus BEFORE trying to install another.

When you have ALL your AV installations removed correctly I suggest you install the best "AVAST" simplest, but the voice is annoying :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?