AVG Problem

pj123 13:51 08 Feb 2007

My neighbour across the road has just brought his Laptop (Compaq Evo N400c) to me.

Every time he boots it up he gets a message from AVG that says:

"Security Status. The red highlighted components are in an error state! Please pay urgent attention to their configuration!"

He is running Win 2000 Pro and has AVG, Adaware and ZoneAlarm installed.

I tried uninstalling AVG and downloading the free version again and re-installed it. Still get the same message.

The BB 13:55 08 Feb 2007

Usually this means that there is an out of date element.

Go to the icon in the tool bar (bottom right), right click, open the console and then click update; when you install the installation has the database current at the time the installation was packaged and are often out of date by quite a time...

Bearing this in mind, and completely unrelated to the problem, it may be worth doing the same to Zone Alarm and checking the currency of the versionthere. Again right click on the icon, open the console and check for updates

Good luck

Technotiger 13:57 08 Feb 2007

Hi, you will continue to get that message until you have downloaded/installed the latest Virus Database. AVG7.5 (Free). When done the Red icon will turn Green indicating that all is well.

pj123 14:36 08 Feb 2007

The BB, thanks, all done. Although I have never seen that message when my AVG is out of date.

The icon in the System Tray usually just turns black and white instead of coloured.

Ticked.

Technotiger 17:15 08 Feb 2007

The message is new to AVG7.5, Was not in AVG7.1

pj123 13:41 09 Feb 2007

Technotiger, thanks for that info. I am now on 7.5 so will watch out for it, now that I know what to do.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?