AVG Power down after running a scan

birdface 14:39 30 Dec 2007

Hi ,Grandaughter has new computer and I am just about to remove Norton and install AVG.Now the thing I like about AVG is the little square that you tick and it will power down computer when scan is finished.Is it safe to do it on a laptop it works fine on my Desktop.Has anyone tried it with there Laptop ,and does it work Ok.

The F1 Help Key 18:57 30 Dec 2007

yeah that is safe i always do a scan before going to bed every 15 days,and thus having this option checked will shoutdown my laptop safely,so i can enjoy my sleep,make sure you have checked to save a report of the scan so when u wake up u can see what virus was there on your laptop.happy new year

Halmer 19:14 30 Dec 2007

'i always do a scan before going to bed every 15 days'.

That's what I call not needing much sleep.

birdface 07:12 31 Dec 2007

Ok.Thanks for that.Better to be safe than sorry.I have downloaded all her security programs.Whether she uses them or not is a different story.You could change your username to Rip Van Winkle.Hope I never kept you up to late.Will now class as resolved.many thanks.

birdface 08:24 31 Dec 2007

Well that was my first experiance of using a laptop and I was not impressed.I will not moan about my old desktop again.

tullie 08:52 31 Dec 2007

Nowt wrong with laptops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?