avg picks up warnings

great dog 06:45 27 Jun 2008

I installed the new verion of the free avg,after a full scan it said i had 500 warnings !! not threats.These warnings are all internet explorer active x compatability ones,like adware trojan agent dg,adware hijacked etc,can i safely delete all of these or will it upset internet explorer?thanks.

birdface 06:52 27 Jun 2008

If active X just leave it.You will get it every time you scan.I get 190.Just have to put up with it.Usually a conflict with Spywareblaster and Spybot.

cocteau48 07:25 27 Jun 2008

FAQ 1319
click here

birdface 08:19 27 Jun 2008

Immunize" function included in above mentioned softwares is NOT compatible with AVG Free products.
Hi.Does it work in the pay for version.Just wondering if it is a ploy to make you pay for an upgrade.Anyone have the paid version.And do you still have this problem.Like great dog I find it a bit of a nuisance 190 active X problems every time I scan.How come it is only AVG that finds this problem and no other Anti-Virus program.

cocteau48 08:51 27 Jun 2008

Good morning buteman
"How come it is only AVG that finds this problem and no other Anti-Virus program."
This is the conundrum which I have asked on previous threads.
Is AVG doing a better job than the others or is it just a gimmick to make you think its doing a better job?
I do not think it will be any different with the "paid for" version.
By the by I get 25424 warnings (figure never changes)so beware - I've got a much bigger dog than yours!!!

birdface 10:17 27 Jun 2008

Wow and I thought 180 was bad.Yes I have very little on this computer.And I thought great dog was bad having 500 warnings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?