avg or avast

yorkieman 13:58 04 May 2007

hi i am thinking of installing either avast pro or avg pro can anyone tell me which is the best or is there a better alternative many thanks in advance

bluto1 14:15 04 May 2007

I`ve used both during the last few years and prefer Avast because of automatic upgrades.

bluto1 14:16 04 May 2007

for `upgrades` read `updates`

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:27 04 May 2007

AVG free has automatic updates as well. free has automatic updates as well.

G

[email protected] 14:31 04 May 2007

PCA has recently reviewed them
click here
click here

or if you want to look at all the av reviewa click on the reviews section on main page, scroll to bottom select older and there are lots of reviews

Diodorus Siculus 14:34 04 May 2007

Why the pro version?

If you are entitled to use the home version of either, it will not let you down when coupled with a little common sense.

Belatucadrus 16:11 04 May 2007

I prefer avast! as the update system is smoother in action than that of AVG, which I also use on an backup PC. Alwil also give e-mail support on the free version of avast! which is pretty well unique for a freebie.

Border View 17:20 04 May 2007

I have used both and much prefer Avast. Used to have some problems with AVG and e-mails. Since switching to Avast I had no problems whatsoever.

But the question you pose will get a hundred answers supporting one or the other.

SB23 17:25 04 May 2007

I've tried alot of the freebies, and always end up going back to Avast. I believe its known to be a little on the slow side for scanning, but it works.

Steve

SB23 17:26 04 May 2007

I've tried alot of the freebies, and always end up going back to Avast. I believe its known to be a little on the slow side for scanning, but it works.

Steve

SB23 17:27 04 May 2007

Steve

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?